Dec 6, 2012

Double Brook Farm and Thanksgiving

One of the most exciting things about Thanksgiving in Hopewell Borough is the Farm to Table Movement that is becoming so mainstream.  Imagine the spiritual connection we feel,  knowing that we have walked amongst this year's turkeys on the farm. My daughter loves connecting with the livestock and crops that are growing here.  I have to say as  local realtor with CallawayHenderson Sotheby's and Waldorf School of Princeton parent,  it is something I am proud to share about what is happening in our walkable Borough.

Fiona and I ordered our Red Bourbon Heritage Turkey and brined it before our relatives arrived from Western New England.  We also picked up our winter greens, eggs, coffee made special for Double Brook from Small World Coffee, and delightful cheeses and fresh sausage for my Grand Marnier stuffing. We have a ham ordered for Christmas and watched the beautiful pigs grow fast and live on the open land.
It was lovely to connect with Mr. Lemmerling from the old Bon Appetit  who will be running the cheese section for Double Brook!
I have to say the Greek yogurt that they are making is out of this WORLD!  I am drizzling some local Sourland Mountain honey on it and Double Brook's own granola. I am comparing this yogurt to biodynamic yogurt made in PA and I pick this!! This is also the best granola I have ever had. Fiona agrees.  
The local foodie is going to be able to walk to the  new local market in the  historic brick Chevrolet building that is being converted by Double Brook Farm known as Brick Farm Market.  As Fiona graduates from the Waldorf School of Princeton as an eighth grader this year, it is wonderful for us to continue to meet like minded neighbors in the village that care about how animals are cared for, and where our food comes from and farmers that care deeply for our Hopewell Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment