Sep 4, 2010

Calacatta Gold Extra Marble in the Hopewell Carriage House

Another exciting day in the kitchen!  The marble backsplash was installed with an emphasis on following the veining from the countertop through to the splash.  In most places it was able to be done.
My marble fabricator sealed this honed marble and it looked easy as pie. This will be my responsibility in six months.
 Princeton Design Guild coordinated with my fabricator on the windowsill today and that will be done next week.  I was pretty clear that I wanted a divine sill for my plants and they will not be disappointed with what is coming! I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but the windows are wood and must have been replaced prior to me.  They are  classic quality so the sill will compliment it well when finished.  OK, so the marble is a splurge. I will be more joyful in this kitchen with its exposed beams and sloping floors because of it! And I am sure one day someone else like me,  that loves a charming home will love to take her over. In the long meantime,  I am so pleased that it is me.

1 comment: