Apr 16, 2011

Saums Interiors and Paint Shop and Carriage House Interior

So it has come to the point where I have been deciding on paint colors for the carriage house.  I tried numerous samples of greys to compliment my marble slabs.  I tried sample after sample without getting it right.  Luckily I had the help of my most favorite Color Consultant from Saums Paint Shop and Interiors, Sharon Saums!  She is enthusiastic  and knowledgable about colors and their effect on our living spaces.  I was picking greys that were too cool for my environment and she helped to steer me towards warmer greys.
The warmer greys compliment the polished nickle fixtures nicely as it is warmer than chrome with the vanities.  Balboa Mist Benjamin Moore is in the downstairs bathroom and Cumulus Cloud Benjamin Moore is in the upstairs bathroom.  Linen White Benjamin Moore is throughout the house which was decided before I arrived. It is a restful  neutral that works easily for most spaces.   I also decided with Sharon's help to change the front door color from a basic black to Wrought Iron Benjamin Moore Black.  It is a bit of a softer black with a grey base and artsy and a bit urban. Christine Lemieux founder of Dwell used it in a bedroom makeover.  Check it out. I am also loving the vintage beveled mirror I got as a gift which works in this bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment