Feb 23, 2011

Hopewell Carriage House Progress



Just sharing a bit of custom vanity installation today! It will be nice to have hot and cold water coming from the same faucet finally. I chose an Edwardian Perrins and Rowe English faucet again in  polished nickel.  All of the exposed pipes have been boxed in, so the look is cleaner now.  Simple things like that make all the difference in an older house.  Notice that the cabinets are flush not overlayed.  Much nicer in the end product. Nothing like the feel of a custom cabinet,  smooth bins and doors with some weight to open.  Knobs are here and are also polished nickel.  They are egg knob pulls, very comfortable on the hand. Price point is similiar to Restoration Hardware but custom quality is worlds apart.  Thanks to PDG on this. I definitely do not have a strong contemporary aesthetic but after interviewing  firms I knew that I was most happy with PDG who makes every cabinet in house!

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Jennie. I love the Perrins and Rowe fixtures-- where do you find them?
    Heather H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the best deal on faucetdirect.com. Not one problem. I wanted to buy local but no one could come close to price and these are pricey enough.

    ReplyDelete