Apr 16, 2010

The Hopewell Carriage House Spring Perennials

Today I just really want to share some of my perennials that are coming up for the first time in this garden.   Many are natives and I love the foliage especially the Bloodroot.  Since the carriage house is Nantucket grey I am going kind of over the top on pinks, blues, and purples...
Have you ever seen this sweet dainty daffodil?  Hawera is a heirloom variety and very dear.  I planted Thalia which is white and Mount Hood which opens yellow and turns solid soft white. Here is the hosta 'June'  She has to be my most favorite.   In this case the sun deepens her yellow and the edges will be a blue green.
Here is the foliage of Bloodroot and the early spring flowers have disappeared.  What a woodland treasure.  Don't miss  the semi annual plant sale at Bowman Wildflower Preserve Mother's Day weekend.  This preserve is all about the natives.

Tomorrow I am going to show you the kitchen inside with exposed beams and share my vision for the changes that will be happening.  Some new faucet fixtures will be enhancing this 1890 carriage house to go back to its roots with a English farm sink to boot.  Also I cannot wait to show you the marble that I have chosen.   I know some of you are thinking about the persnickety care of marble.  Those of you that know me,  know I am just the girl to watch over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment