Dec 31, 2009

Watching "Earth", Princeton Environmental Film Festival

I am really inspired to share my experience watching the documentary film "Earth" with my daughter, which was originally released on Earth Day 2009. It harkens to an earlier time in my own childhood. I remember watching "Omaha's Wild Kingdom" on Sunday nights as a young person, usually at my grandparents' house. Instead of the sensationalism typical of today's tv experience, we get to feel like we are one with our planet. We can quietly reflect on the beauty of our world through the insightful lense of filmmakers Alistair Fothergill and Mark Linfield. Experiencing the daily life of polar bears, elephants, humpback whales and many other diverse species are reminders of our connectivity to all living things.

I highly recommend sharing this stunning visual and sound experience with your children, the stewards of this earth. "Earth" will be shown at the Princeton Public Library this Saturday January 2nd at 1:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment